INTERNAL POLICY FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA OF CUCUVE HOTEL CUCUVE GUESTS, CUSTOMERS, AND USERS
We have a special interest in protecting and respecting your information and personal data, and for this reason, we have designed these information treatment policies, within the framework of the law.
Hotel Cucuve is responsible for the treatment of information and may collect personal data from its users, guests, or visitors through the different means intended for access to the services provided by them. The collection will always be done under the express authorization of the data owner, and the treatment will be subject to the provisions of the law.
The personal information subject to the considerations established herein may be collected directly from the information provided and contained in the hotel registration card, through the website www.hotelcucuve.com by visiting or acquiring services offered on the platform.
The considerations established herein will be understood to be accepted when signing the Hotel Registration Card, when visiting or using the website www.hotelcucuve.com, and/or when entering personal data or information through the functions established for it, regardless of the purpose.
1.2- General principles.
The obtaining and collection of personal data, as well as the use, treatment, processing, exchange, transfer, and transmission of these, will always be guided by principles of legality, freedom, veracity, transparency, security, confidentiality, access, and restricted circulation.
1.3- Legal definitions.
In accordance with the law, the following definitions will govern the policies for the treatment of personal information:
- Authorization: Prior, express, and informed consent of the Owner to carry out the Processing of personal data.
- Database: Organized set of personal data that is subject to Treatment.
- Personal data: Any information linked or that can be associated with one or several determined or determinable natural persons.
- Person in charge of the Treatment: The person in charge of the treatment is the natural or legal person, public or private, that by itself or in association with others, performs the Processing of personal data on behalf of the Person Responsible for the Treatment.
- Responsible for the Treatment: The person responsible for the treatment is the natural or legal person, public or private, that by itself or in association with others, decides on the database and/or the Treatment of the data.
- Sensitive data: Sensitive data is understood to be those that affect the privacy of the Owner or whose improper use may generate discrimination, such as those that reveal racial or ethnic origin, political orientation, religious or philosophical convictions, etc.
- Public data: It is the data that is not semi-private, private, or sensitive. Public data is considered data related to the marital status of people, their profession or trade, etc.
- Owner: Natural person whose personal data is subject to Treatment.
- Transfer: The transfer of data takes place when the person in charge and/or in charge of the treatment of personal data, located in Ecuador, sends the information or personal data to a recipient, who in turn is the person in charge of the treatment and is inside or outside the country.
- Transmission: Treatment of personal data that implies the communication of the same inside or outside the territory of the Republic of Ecuador when its purpose is to carry out a Treatment by the Manager on behalf of the Responsible.
- Treatment: Any operation or set of operations on personal data, such as collection, storage, use, circulation, or deletion.
SECOND: AUTHORIZATION OF THE HOLDER:
The data provided will be subject to authorized treatment, granted in advance, expressly, and informed by the Owner thereof. By providing your data at the entrance of the hotel to fill out the Hotel Registration Card, you are authorizing the treatment in the terms and conditions established in this policy.
The visit, entry, or use made of the website www.hotelcucuve.com constitutes prior, express, and informed authorization of the storage, collection, and treatment of information in accordance with the data treatment policy contained herein.
In any case, data collection will be limited to those personal data that are relevant and adequate for the purpose pursued.
THIRD: PROCESSING OF INFORMATION:
3.1- Data collected.
The collection of data for the development of the Treatment and the purposes pursued by it will fall on the personal data received and stored on the occasion of the completion of the Hotel Registration Card, the information provided by guests, clients, visitors, and all the information related to the services, reservations, and accommodation data provided.
The information collected and processed may include the name, identification document number, nationality, date of birth, email address, personal preferences and interests, work or activity, consumption habits or travel habits. If a reservation is made through the website www.hotelcucuve.com, the information corresponding to the credit card provided for the purposes of the reservation and stay will also be collected.
3.2- Treatment to which the data will be submitted and its purpose.
The data and information obtained will be used for the purpose of creating direct and effective communication with the guest, client, or user, establishing a closer link, and consolidating a business relationship.
The treatment consists of sending digital information through different communication channels, with the intention of contacting the owner to send service surveys, notifications of invitations, offers, promotions, etc. The data and information will not be provided, transferred, or delivered to persons unrelated to those responsible for the treatment.
Through the collection of data, the following objectives are sought:
- Make, process, and complete reservations or purchase of hotel nights or other services.
- Carry out internal studies on tourism habits.
- Evaluate the quality of services.
- Send surveys and questionnaires regarding the services provided.
- Respond to requests, needs, or inquiries in a timely manner.
- Communicate invitations, offers, promotions, and information about the services offered by the hotel.
The authorization for the use of the information or data provided includes the authorization for the data and information to be shared, processed, transmitted, transferred, updated, and/or deleted with the defined purpose.
By entering the website www.hotelcucuve.com, you authorize your information and data to be shared with the tourist providers to whom you refer and with whom your reservations and/or requests are processed.
3.3.- Sensitive data and data corresponding to children and adolescents.
No sensitive data will be processed, and the collection of data related to children and adolescents will always require the authorization of their legal representative. The treatment of data corresponding to children and adolescents must respect their best interests and fundamental rights.
If a question may lead to the answer involving sensitive data or data of children and adolescents, the answer to that question will be optional.
3.4.- Duties of the data controller.
The data controller and those responsible for the processing of personal data undertake to:
- Guarantee the Holder the full and effective exercise of the right of habeas data.
- Request and keep a copy of the respective authorization granted by the Owner.
- Inform the Holder about the purpose of the collection and their rights.
- Maintain the information under necessary security conditions.
- Ensure that the information provided is true, complete, accurate, and updated.
- Rectify incorrect information and keep it updated.
- Provide the Treatment Manager with only authorized data.
- Demand respect for the security and privacy of the Owner’s information.
- Process queries and claims in a timely manner.
- Inform the Treatment Manager of any updates or changes to the information.
- Comply with the instructions and requirements of the data protection authority.
FOURTH: RIGHTS AND POWERS OF THE HOLDER:
4.1.- Owner’s rights.
The Owner has the right to know, update, rectify, delete, and revoke the authorization granted for the processing of their personal data. The Owner may submit complaints to the relevant authority for any violations of the law.
Free access to personal data that has been subject to treatment is guaranteed.
4.2.- Legitimation for the exercise of the owner’s rights.
The owner, successors in title, representatives or proxies, and those stipulated in favor of the owner have the right to exercise the owner’s rights.
4.3.- Procedure to exercise the rights.
The procedures for accessing, updating, deleting, rectifying, and revoking authorization can be carried out through inquiries or complaints sent to the email address or physical address provided in the contact information. The requests must include the necessary identification and clearly indicate the purpose of the communication.
4.4.- Procedure for correction, update, deletion, complaints, and claims.
Claims and complaints must be submitted in writing to the Treatment Manager, providing all necessary information and accompanying documents. The claim will be processed within a specified period of time.
4.5.- Consultation and access to information.
Personal data queries will be answered within a specified period of time, and access to personal data will be provided as required by law.
5.1.- Security in the handling of information.
Data collected will always be treated with confidentiality and will not be provided to unauthorized individuals.
5.2.- Transfer and transmission of data.
In cases where data is transferred to third parties, the necessary contracts and agreements will be made to ensure the security and protection of personal data.
SIXTH: DISSEMINATION AND VALIDITY.
6.1.- Means of dissemination of the information treatment policies and the privacy notice.
This document will be permanently published on the website www.hotelcucuve.com for anyone interested to consult.
The specific purposes for data processing and the rights of the Owner will be made known during the authorization process.
6.2.- Entry into force of the information treatment policies.
The policies will be in effect as long as the purposes and needs of the Treatment remain valid. Data will be permanently deleted when the purpose cannot be achieved through the Treatment.
6.3.- Procedure for policy modification events.
In case of modifications to the personal data processing policies, the changes will be communicated on the website prior to their entry into force.
6.4.- Incorporation of the conditions of use of the website www.hotelcucuve.com.
The information treatment policy is an integral part of the terms and conditions of use of the website www.hotelcucuve.com.
6.5. – Responsible for the information.
Hotel Cucuve is responsible for the processing of personal data. The company will be responsible for the information and personal data collected.